Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Gaming in libraries...hmmmm

As you've probably guessed from my previous posts, I'm still pondering over the value of this type of social software in the library world--especially the academic library world. After viewing some WOW video footage, I'm still very uncertain about this application in the "real world". However, the Second Life aspect may still have some merit.

Since I'm still in learning mode, I'd like to draw to everyone's attention, this neat looking conference in July put together by ALA and ACRL:

first annual Gaming, Learning, and Libraries Symposium will be held in Chicago on July 22-24, 2007

More details at: http://gaming.techsource.ala.org/index.php/Main_Page

Jeff Trzeciak our University Librarian will be presenting.

I think I'll attend; how about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home